At times we could all use a little sunshine. Grown in Northern Italy, our Bergamot essential oil will bring a little drop of zesty happiness to your day, no matter how gloomy the outlook. Bergamot is a type of bitter orange with greenish-yellow skin. Its pulp is too sour to eat, so this uplifting, fruit yielding plant is grown purely for the extraction of essential oil from its peel. Bergamot has been used in perfumery formulations going back to the sixteenth century. The refreshing and strong citrus fragrance is also used to flavour Earl Grey tea. Mostly used in aromatherapy for its cheering and uplifting qualities, Bergamot is a versatile oil which can also be used in a host of beauty blends and products for the home.
It’s what’s inside…
Ingredients: 100% Citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) peel oil
- Extraction Method: Expression – squeezing the oil from the peel of the fruit
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Aroma: Citrus with a soft sweetness
- Fragrance Family: Citrus
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Consistency and Colour: Thin with yellowish colour
- Blends Well With: Frankincense, Geranium & Lemongrass
- Shelf Life: Once opened, store in a cool dark place and use within 12 months.